Crisis of Comics takes a weekly look at some of the recent publishing woes by the Big Two, offers up theories and concludes with suggestions about what might be missing.
There used to be a time when being Kryptonian meant something. Instead DC totally diluted the unique nature of the Man of Steel and have attached the Super moniker to way too many individuals, and there are probably more Kryptonians in current DC continuity than there are Legion members past, present and future. If there are multiple people Marlon Brando makes farewell speeches too, they lose their significance.
DC needs to return to Kryptonian basics, and limit those with access to the Super-moniker or Kryptonian powers. I have narrowed the list down, no need to thank me Dan Didio and Geoff Johns. Does this exclude Kandor? No. but Kandor should be the Vegas of DC.
- Supergirl- she has a TV show afterall.
- Superboy- it doesn’t have to be Superman’s son (HINT HINT), it could be Superboy Prime or Legion Superboy, but just one.
- Power Girl- I don’t think she has made an appearance in current DC canon, though there has been reference to her. It’s a shame, she had some great solo series moments prior to this whole clusterfuck DC has gotten themselves into.
- ZOD. Because someone has to make Superman kneel.
- Ursa. See above (wink).
- Non. Because there has to be one Kryptonian stronger than Kal-El.
- Krypto. He had his own TV show.
- Choose one from: Beppo, Streaky, or Comet. I would go with the latter, because Supergirl does need a love interest.
- Supermobile. Yup.