My next convention is not until the Spring, but soon I will be asked to submit panel and game ideas, which means I need to start thinking about them. I like to try and offer new panels every year, even if past panels were a success, I at least try and update them, but often like to try and approach them in a new way. Games is always tough, as I like running, and I want people to be excited for them, so, how best to sell the gaming experience I am offering.
- Last year I offered up my Hearts of Riverdale game. Unfortunately, there was one of the 2 other RPGs for the whole con scheduled opposite it. Poor planning. But there was some interest, so I may offer it again.
- Dance ‘Til Dawn was well received, and is very easy to run, so I will probably offer that up again as well.
- I think I will try and offer one more game, but am unsure what I want the system to be, or the setup.
Some ideas I am toying with.
- Superkitchen was a ton of fun, if we can do it again, we will.
- The Archie panel, with season 2 of the show and some new titles, seem like it woudl be fun to revise and update.
- Game Design- I am thinking about something relating to Game Chef.
- 3 Times Big 2: A discussion of three characters each from the Big 2, and how they are significant female characters and how through them, much of each respective universe is reflected.
- Game Design- conflict resolution, you’re doing it wrong.
Panels we have done before that were a lot of fun and always get considered (with appropriate revision and updating):
- Women in Film: Mad Max, Melissa McCarthy, and Magic Mike.
- Project Super Runway: Superhero Costumes.